- Most of the paramilitary personnel are engaged in handling law and order in Delhi.
- BSF worst affected, 215 jawans, infected while two died
In India, paramilitary forces personnel working on the frontline are hit by Coronavirus in the battle of Kovid-19. The infection rate in the jawans has crossed 500. Delhi accounts for 95 percent of the total infected personnel. In fact, for the past few months, the duty of much paramilitary personnel was imposed in Delhi due to the ongoing opposition to CAA and NRC.
According to a report, 514 jawans of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Indo-Tibet Border Police (ITBP), Central Industrial Police Force (CISF) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) are under the grip of infection. Have arrived, with these 5 people have also died. More than 450 infected paramilitary personnel are from Delhi only.
Paramilitary forces are deployed in sensitive areas such as Jammu and Kashmir, India-Pakistan border, Indo-Bangladesh border, and Naxalite areas.
How many soldiers of which forces were infected?
- According to BSF, 215 of their jawans have been infected and two have died. In the last one week, the number of infected people in BSF has increased.
- It has been told by CRPF that 162 of their jawans are infected and 1 jawan has died.
- 85 ITBP jawans have also been found infected. ITBP was the first to create a quarantine center for Indians coming from abroad.
- 35 CISF personnel guarding Delhi Metro and Airport have been infected with Corona.
- 17 SSB personnel guarding the Indo-Nepal border has been found infected. All were stationed in Delhi.