- Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, and Hyderabad declared hotspots, all 9 districts of Delhi included
- Hotspots or red zones are districts or cities where more than 80% of positive cases are found in the country or state.
- Places where infection levels are high and cases doubling in less than 4 days will also be considered hotspots.
- 170 districts of the country affected by Corona have been declared hotspots (red zones). These include 6 metro cities – Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad. The maximum 22 districts of Tamil Nadu have been placed in this list. Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh are second with 11 districts each. At the same time, all 9 districts of Delhi have been included in the hotspot cities. 5-5 districts of Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat are also in the category of hotspots. At the same time, 207 districts have been placed in non-hotspots (white zone) and 359 in green zone.
According to the Ministry of Health, hotspots or red zones are districts or cities where more than 80 percent of positive cases of the country or state have occurred. Also, places where infection levels are high and cases are doubling in less than 4 days will also be considered hotspots. At the same time, green zones are areas where no infection cases have been found since 28 days.
There are 207 districts in which there are
207 such districts of the country, where the risk of infection is high. The Ministry and the team of doctors are fully focused on these districts. The government has said that in districts which do not come under the purview of hot spots, there will be some concessions in lockdown from April 20. People have to follow social distancing. If there is news of breaking the rules from anywhere, all the discounts will be withdrawn.
Across Delhi Red Zone, contact tracing intensifies
South Delhi, Shahdara, South Eastern, West, North, Central, East and New Delhi districts of Delhi are red zones. In the last 24 hours, there have been 17 new cases here, due to which the number of infected has increased to 1 thousand 578. So far 32 infected people have died in Delhi. In such a situation, the government has speeded up contact tracing. A pizza delivery boy positive was found in South Delhi. After which it has been decided to quarantine the 72 families that come in contact with him. 16 employees working with him have also been isolated.
34% infected in 10 hotspots in 5 southern states
Corona accounts for 34% of the 10 hotspots in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala. The biggest hotspot among these is Hyderabad in Telangana. So far 213 cases have been reported here. 17 family members were found positive in Hyderabad. A total of more than 3 thousand cases have been found in these 5 states. Things are improving in Kerala and Karnataka. In Kerala, 55% of the patients were cured.
- Telangana: There were 624 cases and 17 deaths. Hyderabad has the highest number of 213 cases and Nizamabad has 45 cases.
- Andhra Pradesh: 502 cases have been reported so far. Guntur has the highest number of 118, 97 in Kurnool and 54 in Nellore.
- Tamil Nadu: The state has 1242 infected, 14 deaths. There are 149 infected in Chennai. Police registered 1.84 lakh cases of lockdown violations.
- Karnataka: 71 of the 279 infected here are from Bengaluru. This was followed by 58 cases in Mysore. Police personnel posted in the madrasa were also found infected.
- Kerala: 387 cases reported so far. 218 patients have been cured here. The largest hotspot is Kasargod district. There have been 155 cases here.
20 State Hotspot Districts
state District Hotspot Tamil Nadu 22 Chengalpattu, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Erode, Kanyakumari, Karur, Kudallur, Madurai, Nagapattinam, Namakkal, Salem, Theni, Thiruvarur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruppur, Tiruvallur, Tuticorin, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, and Chennai. Rajasthan 11 Jaipur, Tonk, Jodhpur, Banswara, Jhunjhunu, Kota, Bhilwara, Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Jhalawar, Bharatpur Maharashtra 11 Mumbai, Pune, Thane, Nagpur, Sangli, Ahmednagar, Yavatmal, Aurangabad, Buldhana, Mumbai Suburban, Nashik Andra Pradesh 11 Kurnool, Jogulamba Gadwal, Medchal Malkajgiri, Guntur, Nellore, Prakasam, Krishna YSR, West Godavari, Chittoor, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, Anantapur Delhi 9 South Delhi, Shahadra, South Eastern, West, North, Central, East and New Delhi Uttar Pradesh 9 Agra, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Meerut, Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Saharanpur, Shamli, Firozabad, Moradabad Telangana 8 Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Warangal Urban, Rangareddy, Jogulambagadwal, Medchal Malkajgiri, Karimnagar, Nirmal Karnataka 8 Bengaluru Urban, Mysore, Belagavi, Dakshina Kannada, Bidar, Kalburgi, Bagalkot, Dharwad J&K 6 Srinagar, Bandipora, Baramulla, Jammu, Udhampur, Kupwara Kerala 6 Kasaragod, Kannur, Ernakulam, Malappuram, Thiruvananthapuram, Pathanamthitta Madhya Pradesh 5 Indore, Bhopal, Khargone, Ujjain, Hoshangabad Gujarat 5 Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Bhavnagar, Rajkot Haryana 4 Noonh, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Palwal Punjab 4 Sasnagar, SBS Nagar, Jalandhar, Pathankot West Bengal 4 Kolkata, Howrah, East Midnapore, North 24 Parganas Odisha 1 God Bihar 1 Dress Chandigarh 1 Union Territory Chhattisgarh 1 Korba Uttarakhand 1 Dehradun