Iranian general Qasem Soleimani, the commander of the Al-Quds force of Islamic revolutionary Guard Corps of Iran, IRGC, is recently assassinated by the United States during his visit to Iraq.
Qasem Soleimani’s assassination can blow a full war between the conflicted countries US and Iraq. For any regime, self-preservation and protecting the lives of their supreme leader is the top priority and the primary objective. The US-Iran tensions have put India on a difficult spot.
Qasem Soleimani’s Repo In Iran
Qasem Soleimani is the hero of their country Iran. He’s very closed to the Supreme Leader of Iran Sayyed Ali Khamenei.
After his assassination, Iran, clearly stated Iran will take Severe Revenge and It is the last mistake done By America. Iran announced 3 days mourning in Iran and then retaliate will start. On, 8 January 2020 Iran fired around 12 ballistics missile on the US Military base and claimed around 80 American Terrorists killed in the attack and 200 deeply wounded. NDTV Reference
Qasem Soleimani The funeral of Qasem Soleimani, was held from 4 to 7 January 2020 in some cities in Iraq and Iran – including Baghdad, Karbala, Najaf, Ahvaz, Mashhad, Tehran, Qom and his hometown Kerman. His funeral ceremony was described as the largest funeral in Iran since the funeral of Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. Countless people were at his funeral and everybody was calling Marg Bar America. It means Death To America. His funeral proved that he’s the National Hero.
Qasem Soleimani’s Role In India
Qasem Soleimani’s Paid several good roles for India.
- He saved 46 Indian nurses abducted by ISIS terrorist group.
- He supported India in Kulbhushan Jadhav Matter
- He helped India when China was spreading his String Of Pearls around India.
- Qasem Soleimani was the key role to defeat many terrorist groups.
- General Qasem Soleimani fought heroically against ISIS, Al Nusrah, Al Qaeda, et al. For reference see the video in the tweet and Aaj Tak video embedded…
Just 4 years ago, CNN correctly praised #Soleimani for being the driving force defeating ISIS.
Today Neocons call him a “terrorist” with zero evidence to sell another disastrous War & expect you to believe them without question. https://t.co/BipKHcTSJj#IranvsUSA #IranAttacks pic.twitter.com/IPuDC0H6Ch
— Robert De Niro ᵖᵃʳᵒᵈʸ (@RobertDeNiroUS) January 8, 2020
In of the news of Aaj Tak News Channel
USA vs IRAN
Attack by Iran on the US base happened the first time. Not any country dares to attack the US after WW2. Although America attacked Iran many times Iran didn’t respond and state we want peace. Even the Iranian air passenger plane was shot down by America on 3 July 1988 through the missile. In that, 290 people including 63 children have died. Iran spread his friendship relations many times but America always put sanctions on Iran and attacked. Intellectuals said this is murder done by the American president to divert people from his Impeachment.
US-Iran Tensions in current times
- The policy of maximum pressure: US president Donald trump renounced the nuclear deal and restored economic sanctions against Iran and it is threatening the other countries and firms to do the same as they are doing to abandon buying oil from this Iran.
- Strategic patience policy: Iran still chose to abide by the nuclear deal even after America withdrawal the deal.
- Last year, in the month of June, Iranian targeted the US military drone and shot down it which was hauling over the Strait of Hormuz or Iranian Territories. America stated that its drone was in the International territory. But, Iran stated the drone was spying in Iranian air space.
This dispute will result in affecting the oil supply in the country severely.
- India imports around 84% of the oil that it needs and hike in the prices affect severely India’s domestic cost conditions and also the balance of the payments.
- Presently, the foreign exchange reserves of India are comparatively comfortable. It is over $450 Billion and it is enough to cover over 9-10 months of exports over the present prices.
A large number of people residing in West Asia, which has origins in India, will be affected. A great portion of the masses will be affected in the region of the Persian Gulf in the walk of the current tensions going in the region.
- The safety of the people should be the prime priority of the nations but in view of the current stress that the countries are going through, it is predicted that a great threat to the life of people living there can be observed in the future. So, it is the responsibility of India to ensure the safety of its people living there. In the past, India has plotted and implemented big evacuations. The evacuation from Kuwait is a famous example that happened during the first gulf war and another example can be taken from Libya. it needs to be pondered that any evacuation plan in the Gulf countries at this point in the situation will need to be performed on a larger scale.
- If this tension continues to prevail in the gulf, then the arrival of the Larger number of guests can be seen returning to India.
- The political and economic stress will lead to affect the strategic networking interests of India.
- The projects and initiatives that saw a little opposition from the US sanctions, but can pose an escalation in the tensions on the ground level for the connectivity projects will be compromised.
- Later Iran, India houses the largest number of Shia population and there is a great possibility that they can get radicalized from this event.
Possible Impact of US-Iran Conflict
Instability in west India
- West Asia is already devastated by the Syrian civil war, the war against ISIS in the past.
- The great possibility of war between Iran and the US will stand out the countries of West Asia in the position of instability.
- There is a possibility that it will lead to a sectarian divide in conflicting countries like Iraq.
Tension in the Oil supplies
- Instability in the region can affect the global oil supplies to a greater extent which ultimately leads to the decreasing level of production in the other manufacturing industries.
- Within the four hours of the assassination of the Qasem Soleimani, the world witnessed the hike of up to 4% in the global market and around 3 Lac crore faced by Indian businessmen.
Disruption in Afghan Peace Process
- Because of the hasty American withdrawal from Afghanistan, the Afghan Peace Process is facing jeopardy.
- The current US-Iran conflict can hamper the connectivity to Afghanistan via the Iran route.
Intensification of Regional Rivalries
Saudi Arabia and Israel both the countries are strategic allies of the US, the tension which gaining more real grounds will directly affect the other countries and will lead in the involvement of the other players in this game.
As it is evident that these two countries are involved in the battle of influence, when the actual war will start, the other countries will also start to become part of this.
The war should be the last option to deal with any matter. Both countries should understand and restrain themselves from the war as any war will not affect the specific regions on which it is happening but it is a great threat to the global resources and survival of the humans on the earth. The war affects directly or indirectly the lives of every living being and its impact can be observed more effectively in this current world where transmission of news a, messages and ideas is not a thing that takes days, but it is grasped by the people in seconds.