GCam is a camera application specially developed by Google for Android-it features excellent parameters to make your images best of best. The application was initially supported on all android devices running Android 4.4 KitKat and higher versions but is now only officially supported on Google’s Nexus and Pixel devices. It was publicly released for Android 4.4+ on the Google Play Store on April 16, 2014, and removed from public view on Feb 17, 2016.
Gcam only works on Snapdragon & Exynos processor. It is hard to find this application on any other platform. There are parallel apps which will offer the same features but are faux. Do not get fooled up-the other operating users.
Enable camera 2api. (You can enable it from custom recovery, magisk manager, build prop & adb command).
As highlighted earlier, the application is officially supported by Google Nexus’s and Pixel Devices.
HOW TO INSTALL-
Earlier the application was available on Google Play Store but now the application has been removed due to security reasons.
You can still download it manually from Google Search Engine and also other web processing browsers.
Gcam is less in space and doesn’t cause any heat or hang issues with your device.
When any device can’t get portrait mode then Gcam/Google Camera gives an option of lens blur. After realizing that the pixel device gives us accurate portrait mode better than other dual camera device portrait mode, Google also released Google cam 6.1 only for Pixel device.
Its portrait, night feature is also cool. Google updates improve their Gcam day by day.
GCAM TUTORIAL (HOW TO USE)-
- Unlock your device boot loader.
- Now install a custom recovery and root your device.
- After rooting your device download “BuildProp Editor”.
- Open build prop editor and click on the pen icon. (Must grant root permission).
- Copy this line and paste. “camera.HAL3.enabled=1“. Do it carefully. Avoid errors.
- Now click on the displayed floppy disc icon and select “Save & exit“.
- After saving, reboot your device.
- Now Download Gcam from any net surfing browser and install it in your phone.
- HDR+– Now you can take pictures using HDR+ to capture fantastic photos, especially in low-light or backlit scenes.
• Night Sight – Now say no to flash lights of your mobile phones. Night Sight brings out all the best details and colors that get lost in the dark with this amazing feature.
• Super Res Zoom – Super Res Zoom keeps your pictures sharp when you zoom in—without the blur and without pixels fluctuation.
• Top Shot – Pick the perfect moment with Top Shot. Automatically recommends the best pics, where no one is blinking and stretching and when everything looks just perfect.
• Portrait – Add elegant background blur (bokeh) to pictures. Google Photos can also make the subject of your photo pop by leaving them in color, while changing the background to black and white. This style will really make you think upon the normal lens camera never again.
• Google Lens Suggestions – get information by just pointing your camera at contact info, URLs, and barcodes, where it’ll automatically suggest things to do like calling the number, or sending an email.
• Playground – Have fun mixing the real world with the virtual through AR stickers and effects! Create cool emojis out of your boring pictures.