The lockdown imposed till 14 April in India has been extended till 3 May at present. The government has imposed strict restrictions on people providing essential services and everything except emergencies. These steps are being taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 ie coronavirus. The virus has now been declared a global pandemic. Relief in this lockdown has been provided to those who provide essential services, while ordinary people will be exempted only in emergencies. Many governments and Union Territories are offering e-passes for this relief. You can get these e-passes made online.
In this article, we will tell you how you can get COVID-19 E-pass during the lockdown. Many state governments are giving citizens a chance to register for e-pass on their website. At the same time, many governments have issued mobile or WhatsApp numbers for this.
How to get e-pass during a lockdown? (How to get e-pass for the lockdown?)
1. First, go to the official lockdown e-pass website of your state.
2. Go to the website and click on ‘Apply’.
3. Why do you need an e-pass now? Give reasons for this. Explain that the website of each state can also ask for different information from the user. For example, the Maharashtra e-pass website asks for your photo ID proof, valid organization documents, medical reports, and company ID, which will have to be attached to the application.
4. After submission, this application will be scrutinized by the local police and after that, the pass will be issued.
6. If something goes wrong while filling the application, the user can go to the local police station and rectify the mistake. With the application, you will be issued a unique token ID.
How to know the status of the e-pass application? (How to check for application status of e-pass?)
1. Once the application is submitted, the user can check the status of his application by going to the e-pass website and entering the unique ID.
2. After e-pass approval, the message will be sent by the officials on the user’s phone.
3. Users can also print this e-pass. Whenever you get out of the house, keep this pass with you.
List of e-pass websites for state and union territories
- Arunachal Pradesh,
- Himachal Pradesh,
- Jammu and Kashmir,
- West Bengal,
- Madhya Pradesh,
- Tamil Nadu,
- Andhra Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
How to apply for e-pass on WhatsApp? (How to apply for an e-pass for lockdown via WhatsApp?)
Apart from the website, the Delhi government has also issued a WhatsApp number for the e-pass, on which people can send an e-pass application by sending a message. Those numbers are:
Eastern District: 8447200084, 8375878007
North Eastern District: 9540895489, 8860425666
Central District: 7428336279, 7428210711
New Delhi District: 9540675392, 9873743727
North District: 8595298706, 8595354861
Shahdara District: 8595272695, 852796, 85279856, 8527406956, 8527406956,
East District: 8595272695, 8529 8595258871
West District: 9414320064, 8595252581
South District: 9599649266, 9643150027
South Western District: 9971518387, 9971526953
North West District: 8595559117, 8595543375
To apply, you have to send your name, address, the reason for e-pass, time, ID proof copy and train number information to the above WhatsApp number. The local authorities will issue you a pass after investigation.