Microsoft launched its two-screen phone and said to the world that it’s still involved in the smartphone race. At the Microsoft Surface event in California on Wednesday, the company launched it’s latest dual-screen phone Surface Duo with a new Surface laptop. This foldable smartphone from Microsoft will Compete the recently launched Samsung Galaxy fold mobile phone. It has Google Android OS. It’s sales will start from next year. The company says that this is the first surface device that can be pocketed.
Surface Duo is different from trending foldable phone
- It has two 5.6-inch screens, which are extremely thin. After unfolding the phone, it will get an 8.3-inch display size. It can be used in many ways.
- Earlier too, Microsoft tried to make a window based smartphone but Android and Apple could not compete with iOS.
- This new device of Microsoft will be able to download and run apps from the Google Play Store in Surface Duo.
- Despite having a foldable screen, it is quite different from the trending foldable phone. In this, two different screens are connected with the help of hinges. Therefore, a gap appears in the middle of the screen. It would be a little strange to see an app or photo on both screens simultaneously.
- Its second screen will be used for typing and gaming control. This concept has already been seen in LG dual screen and gaming phone Asus Rog.
- The company did not release the specifications of the phone but said so much that it is connected to the 360 degree folding hinge. That is, you can use it in many ways by folding the screen.