Housing for All 2022 Scheme – The Prime Minister has allotted an Awas Yojana for both Urban and Rural Accommodation Scheme for the session 2015-2022. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a multi prestigious scheme sponsored by the Central Government. The Government of India has given the slogan to the scheme for Housing for All 2022 scheme. This means that the house for everyone will be allotted by the central government body of India, to each person applicant to this Yojana.
ORIGIN OF PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA-
In 1985, the then Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi started a Indira Awas Yojana in the name of his mother, providing permanent housing to the poor people of India who were below poverty line. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a revised form of the same scheme, so that more and more resident of India get to inherit the benefits.
OBJECTIVE OF PMAY (2019) –
This scheme was started with an objective to provide housing to all who are unable to build their own houses in the residential area/state they have been living in.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was distributed in 2 parts-Prime Minister housing scheme city (PMAY-G) and Prime Minister Housing Scheme Rural (PMAY-U)
IDEA BEHIND THE PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA–
Main purpose of this scheme is to give a permanent home to the 20 million people of India, who is somehow unable to build a own permanent house. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme was firmly originated by the Prime Minister of our nation, Mr. Narendra Modi on June 1, 2015.
This scheme will be accomplished in three phrases. The first phrase will be started from 2015 and finished by 2017-which is now done and the second phrase is still going on.
FEATURES OF PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA-
During the implementation of this scheme, the Central government took special care of transparency so that the partial undue interference entry can be avoided and the applicant can enjoy the benefit fully.
An assistance of Rs.1,20,000/- will be provided by the Government which was earlier Rs.70,000/- . In the hill areas, this has been subjected to modified till Rs.1,30,000/-
The amount and the subsidy provided will be credited directly on to the applicant’s Aadhaar Card linked amount so that the candidate can get full benefit of the same.
- The house area granted in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will be 25 sq.m (approx 270 sq ft).
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has also been linked to the Swachh Bharat Scheme under which an amount of Rs,12,000/- will be allocated separated to the candidate for defecation.
Also, under the scheme, if the beneficiary wants a loan amounting to Rs.70,000/- It will be allotted with no interest and will have to be repaid at the time of application, required to apply in various Financial Institutions.
- Loan in Urban areas will have a lot of interest, if more than 70,000/-. This strictly depends on HIG,MIG,LIG category chosen.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA-
In order to identify and select the list of beneficiaries of the Prime Minister, the government has issued Association Economic and Race Census 2011(SEC 2011). In rural areas, the Village Tehsils and Panchayat will be taken into consideration before selecting the beneficiaries.
- Under this scheme, people those who are living in rented houses can apply for the PMAY benefits.
The first priority will be given in accordance with the category, meaning people belonging to the SC, ST, Minorities and other backward sections will be given first priorities under the scheme.
Such families, where there are no adults, meaning absence of members under 16-59 years of age will be given this benefit first.
- A women headed family will be given high preferences under the PMAY scheme.
- Such a family where there is no member who has turned 25 years of age, can apply for the benefits under PMAY scheme 2015-2022.
- Family having no land of their own, and earning through wages can come and apply for the scheme.
- Handicapped members in the family, can join the applicants of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA 2019 SCHEME COVERAGE-
As per the census 2011, all 4041 cs, with complete focus on the cities-I cities. Legal towns will be covered in three phrases-
- Ist Phrase – (April 2015-2017):cover 100 cities according to their aspirations from State/UT’s.
- 2nd Phrase – (April 2017-March 2019):To cover additional 200 cities.
- 3rd Phrase – (April 2019-March 2022):To cover all remaining cities.
PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA APPLICATION STATUS-
To track the application status of your Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, the following steps can be taken:-
- Visit the official PMA website.
- Select the Citizen Assessment option.
- Under this category, choose “Track your estimation Status”.
- You will be redirected to the track your estimation status.
- Here you can search through your father’s name and ID type or simply ENTER THE ASSESSMENT ID.
PRADHAN MANTRI HOUSING SCHEME TOLL FREE HELPLINE NUMBERS-
In case of any doubts, you can visit the FAQ section on the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
You can contact National Housing Bank (NHB) or Housing and Urban Development Corporation(HUDCO) on these numbers-
You can also contact the Municipal Officer of your district who is the in-charge for this PMAY scheme.